The Cornerstone premium theme for WordPress is a flexible, feature-rich alternative to contracting custom design work for your blog. Cornerstone is a fixed width, magazine style layout. The upper portion of the sidebar is wide enough to house videos or a variety of ad banner sizes to fit your needs. The lower portion is split into two columns, providing plenty of options for displaying category links, popular posts, flickr photos, etc.
The color scheme was intentionally kept simple so more could be left to the imagination of the end user. Changes can easily be made to colors, fonts and layout in the well commented CSS file.
The theme is widget ready with four enabled areas. For those who prefer more precise control, the sidebar is coded with conditional tags to give you more options over which content shows up where.
- The “latest entry” is featured automatically on the home page without the need to assign a separate category or install a plugin
- Asides (or any category you want to use for a side blog) appear in the sidebar
- Full control over “recently featured” excerpts, which categories to pull from, and how many you want displayed
- Built-in support for tagging (WP v2.3+)
- Optional template for static a home page
- Tabbed content module for displaying a “best of” section in the footer
Personal Edition ($99.95)
Developer Edition ($249.95)