AppThemes released a micro jobs WordPress theme called Taskerr that connects people needing jobs done with others willing to do them. Those sellers offer their services at a set price and customers buy them. This theme is a marketplace like Fiverr and TaskRabbit are perfect examples of how a “gig economy” successfully works.
Standard Edition: $99, Standard Club Membership: $ 249 (Recommended)
Developer Edition: $159, Developer Club Membership: $349
AppThemes was conceived in 2010 by a team of WordPress enthusiasts looking to make it easier for businesses to setup an online presence. They create high quality, professional, creative premium WordPress application themes for various niches including: classified ads, job listing, coupon management, issue tracking, business directory, etc.
- Fresh Modern Design – Taskerr follows the current trend for a clean and simple modern design. Choose from five built-in color schemes or design your own using the WordPress theme customizer.
- Easy Administration – We keep things simple so it’s easy to take control of your Taskerr site. We include options for everything from the smallest detail to the biggest features.
- Monetize Your Site – Generate passive income by charging sellers a fixed price for listing their services. You can also upsell with featured listings placement. Alternatively, you can take a percentage of each sale (coming soon).
- Beautiful, Responsive Emails – Impress your customers with our professional HTML email templates. Taskerr includes 15+ custom emails — all of which are built on Ink framework and mobile friendly. Customers can also unsubscribe from all or individual emails.
- User Dashboard – The dashboard is the nerve center for your site’s users – a workspace where they have access to all their notifications, services, tasks, purchases, reviews, contact info, site stats and favorites. Each single service present statistics about current and completed tasks and recieved reviews.
- List a Service – Besides the usual title, description, category and sub-category fields, includes delivery time, price, tags, images and videos uploading and media files embedding.
- User Favorites – With so many services available, users need to choose the ones that better fit their needs. Users can mark servce as “favorite” so they can view them in their customer dashboard.
- Service Listing – Flexible and complete item details page for sellers to describe their service. Reviews and comments provide feedback and communication channels for potential buyers. People can add it to their favorites, contact the seller, or go ahead and purchase the service.
- Notifications – Every important action in Taskerr triggers a notification that will be immediately visible on the users dashboard and is also sent by email so users are always up to date. Notifications can be managed from the users dashboard.
- Flexible, Powerful Pricing Plans – Pricing plans give you plenty of ways to generate income. Create multiple pricing plans. Offer featured projects on home page and category pages. Your imagination will be the only limit to the kinds of plans you create.
- AppThemes API – API enables developers to customize functionality without having to modify the theme code. It uses action and filter hooks that work the same exact way native WordPress core hooks do. This makes it a breeze to build on top our themes.
- Escrow Support – Coming Soon! Collect payments in a neutral escrow account and automatically distribute them upon project completion. That’s the power of escrow payments. PayPal Adaptive Payments is built-in and included for free. Support for other escrow payment gateways like Balanced Payments will soon follow.
- Sidebars Galore – Taskerr comes packed with sidebars that can be used for adding widgets. Different sidebars can be used through most of the site sections, including the ‘Single Service’ and ‘Dashboard’ pages.
- Foundation Framework – Foundation is one of the fastest and best responsive design frameworks out there. It’s easily accessible from any browsers or mobile device and very popular amongst developers and designers by virtue of being so easy to work with.
- Multiple Color Schemes
- Widget-Enabled Sidebars
- API Extensibility
- Admin Dashboard
- Easy-to-Use Option Pages
- Themed Login & Signup Pages
- Custom Post Type & Taxonomies
- Search Engine Optimized (SEO)
- Multi-Language Support
- Multiple Currency Support
- Regional Date & Time Format
- Image Upload Support
- Open Source Code
- Tight WordPress Integration
- XHTML & WC3 Valid
- Clean & Well Commented Code
- Child Theme Support
- Multisite Enabled
- Unlimited Web Sites
- Instant Download
- Transferable License
- PayPal IPN Support
- WordPress 3.5+ Support
- Payment Gateways
- Mobile Device Support